Thamesdown Recycling are looking for a full-time skilled LGV Mechanic, with some plant machinery experience preferred, to join our team.
This role is a chance for the right candidate to work in a full workshop environment.
- Service, maintain and repair Thamesdown Recycling’s fleet of vehicles.
- Carry out regular inspections and MOT preparation to DVSA standards.
- Have an understanding of maintenance and repair of plant, including loading shovel, forklifts, excavators and material handlers etc.
- Carry out scheduled and unscheduled mechanical maintenance.
- Dealing professionally and proficiently, completing job cards and service sheets in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain a hard copy filing system, as per the Organisation’s requirements.
- Adhere to all H&S legislation.
- Any other tasks as management deem reasonable
- You may be required to work outdoors on occasions.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering, or recognised equivalent.
- LGV Class 1 – With an up-to-date CPC.
- The candidate will be suitably qualified and experienced in the maintenance of commercial vehicle repair and diagnostics.
- Have an understanding of maintenance and repair of the plant listed above.
- Be a highly professional LGV Mechanic with a strong sense of company and team loyalty.
- Enthusiastic, with the ability to work on your own initiative, be self-motivated and have an easy going, but efficient approach to work.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and have a good understanding and experience of a workshop operating environment.
- Own tools preferred, but Thamesdown Recycling offer a well-equipped workshop.
Please forward your CV to Victoria.email@example.com for consideration.